Skip to content
- Cancer patients have a right to fully understand their diagnosis and be informed about treatment options in culturally appropriate and understandable language.
- Cancer patients have a right to a transparent and timely process that ensures direct access to an oncology specialist, diagnostic testing, and accurate interpretations of those tests.
- Cancer patients have a right to timely access to a cancer subspecialist who has expertise in the treatment of their sub-type of cancer when complex decisions are needed.
- Cancer patients have a right to direct and prompt access to medical treatments for pain management and other services that support their overall health.
- Cancer patients have a right to direct access to National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer centers and leading academic medical centers for the management of complex cancers that require multiple experts or high-risk or emerging therapies.
- Cancer patients have a right to timely access to relevant clinical trials, medical research and cutting-edge innovation, including evidence-supported precision medicine.